Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eish! but Topsy- She is Growing!

I have now resolved my differences with this quilt- especially the bit in the top left hand corner.
After playing with 3 or 4 different treatments of this particular piece, I settled on using the charcoal I originally had but sewed in some "skinnies" using a very dark blue with a gold splatter. Its hard to see in the photograph but it works. The gold splatter on those skinnies shows up just enough to pique the interest.


Here is a photo of what I did:


What surprised me was that each section could have been a quilt on its own.


This is"Topsy"  with three sections joined. The one on the right hand side is currently loose as I still have to construct the bottom right hand corner and sew on the two pieces of fabric right at the bottom of the quilt.


I suppose I'll have to give it a name at some stage.

No comments: