Friday, December 28, 2012

Time Flies

It's almost a whole year since I last wrote on this blog- mainly because I have been too busy with my business to make any art at all.Pieces were started and became UFOs,unlike the more traditional quilts which had to be developed as patterns for classes and for the website.
If you want to see the traditional quilts, they are under "Patterns" on
Amafu Hand Dyed Fabrics


New collections and Colour Families had to be developed and we did a very big quilt show in Johannesburg, which required some very careful planning.We will be attending this show again in September 2013, which will be at the Emperor's Palace in Johannesburg.

Here is the link:

IQC AFRICA

I have played around with a few things this year, but mostly small pieces. I took another look at what I learned from my workshop from Nancy Crow, improved my long arm quilting ( and added a camera and screen  to the long arm), made some Luscious Little Layerings for the KwaZulu Natal Quilters Guild fundraising venture. 
Here is the link to that as well:

Luscious Little Layerings



Hopefully, 2013 will give me more time to get into the studio to do my own thing, rather than work related quilts.






1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes we all seem to have less and less time these days. Hope you had a great Christmas and now we have 2013 upon us. I have lots of ufo's to do but have been working really hard on my crazy quilt. So take care and hugs to you