Thursday, January 05, 2012

Immediate Challenge 2012

My immediate challenge is how to quilt my "Topsy " quilt.- it still doesn't have a name  but I can live with that.

I have found the backing- a glorious moody piece of dark blue with orange highlights and that is now sitting on the long arm. The top is currently pinned to the design wall for lining up and trimming.  Its really important to  make sure that the quilt is square before it goes onto the frame as it can be very easy to distort if one isn't meticulous.The last thing I need is a skew quilt! Oh, and before anyone wants to know what there is a great big gap at the bottom right hand corner, it has been filled.  I just didn't have a new photo handy.

I have marked in some of the quilting lines but I suspect that there will be a bit of " quilting by the seat of my pants"!


So-o-o-o its time I stopped procrastinating and just got on with it.

I'll up date with photos as I go along.

No comments: