Monday, April 19, 2010

New Work


Its been difficult to settle down and produce new work- mainly because I am so busy in my other job of running a hand dyeing business. Hand dyes are not exactly top of the pops in the South African quilting scene- especially locally produced hand dyes. If it comes from the States- even though the fabric is made and printed in China or other Far Eastern countries, for some people, it has to be better than local. Funny thing is that I have American and European customers who can't get enough of my fabric.


Be that as it may, I managed to produce a couple of small pieces:The one above is Desert Pan.






Here is Earth Warming:



This was in response to all the discussion about global warming. Is it or isn't it? Some scientists reckon that is the lull before a new ice age but no-one really knows.



Rain in the City was in response to the moans and groans in a guild where the challenge was to use greys.

When I started this quilt I couldn't stop and it just sort of "flowed".

I was very happy with the result.



This is a detail of some of the stitching.

No comments: